Friday, August 20, 2010

How can a girl keep a guy interested?

I've only had a handful of boyfriends in my time, and only one was a serious long-term thing. Two of my past boyfriends have told me they wanted to marry me (not official proposals however), then turned around and dumped me later. Without having any substantial reason, mind you.





I'm starting to think I'm too boring or too clingy or too *something*, although I think in a lot of ways I'm a pretty good relationship prospect. I'm fairly low-maintenance, I'm always up for sex, not overly jealous, have a sense of humour, will let a guy have space if he wants it. The list goes on.





Maybe I'm not challenging enough??? I had one male colleague tell me that guys expect girls to tease them and reel them in only to cast them out; to be mysterious and keep secrets and play hard to get... Well if that's true then I'm never going to keep a man, cause to me that's just playing games which I find stupid, immature and pathetic. And if that's what men go for then I don't really want one!!





So what else could I be doing wrong? The only guys who wanted to stay with me were weird losers I met on internet dating, and one nice guy who I realised I just wasn't attracted to. Yet many (attached) guys, friends and family have often mentioned that they can't believe I'm single, that I'm a great catch, should be married by now... you get the idea. Most infuriating and doesn't help.





I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's in the same situation.How can a girl keep a guy interested?
Men like a challenge .. play hard to get and don't tell him every single detail about yourself straight up.. leave him wanting more .. be a bit mysterious.. don't throw yourself at him.. if he knows he can have you any day of the week.. he will save you as his ';go to girl';How can a girl keep a guy interested?
It's really hard to say without knowing you better.





Everybody likes different things in people, some guys, as well as some girls, like playing games. Some on the other hand don't.





Alot of complaining will drive any man away...





The two who dumped you could have been for alot of reason, without them telling you or us there is no way to tell. Could be that they met someone else or that they never took the relationship seriouse in the first place. Again it's impossible to say without knowing more.





Other things you might want to look at is what type of guys you are attracted to. If you always like the fun and outgoing type, it might be noteworthy that it is also the type that always wants to have fun and go out, with or without you, and possibly with other woman as well. My point being is that alot of attributes that are attractive can also have some negative attributes attached to them. So you might want to analyse what your ex's have in common.





You mention that only losers you met online want to stay with you, that tells me that someone at least wants to stay with you, might want to look into who you are dating again...
';Always up for sex';.








Don't you see that once you give that up, unless there's something very strong bining you and your man together, the relationship starts going downwards because there is no higher degree of intimacy you can reach? I don't know if that means you have sex quickly when you get with a guy or what, but I suggest you leave it for a while before having sex with a man. And don't make it too readily available, too.
BEING AN IGNORANT CAN COST SO MUCH IN LIFE.******* YOU'RE INTO GUYS WHO ALREADY GOT THEIR **** TOGETHER AND TOTALLY FORGOT THAT THOSE GUY CAME FROM THE BOTTOM.......MEN HAVE STRONG MEMORY; .....THOSE YOU'RE CALLING LOSER NOW 3-8 MONTHS FROM NOW CAN BECOME STUNNER; I BET THEY'LL BE THE ONE YOU WANT.
You obviously just haven't found the right man for you. What your work colleague said is what he likes, every man is different and you can't just generalize like that. You just need to keep searching for your man, everyone has bad relationships before they find the person they are meant to be with. You shouldn't let it get you down and if they were losers why are you worried about why they dumped you anyway. I wish you luck with you continued search.
A guy always like it when a girl makes him feel appreciated.





Do you compare your bf to your brother or male friends who are better? A guy hates to be put down, belittled, or have the things he did for you ignored or trivialized. Guys can be pretty sensitive too.





Otherwise, check the quality of the guys you are hanging out with. I personally feel you shouldn't be getting your relationships from internet dating. That's no replacement for the good old fashion way of meeting up and actually hanging out with the person in real life.
I think it could be the playing hard to get thing. 'Cause I had this guy interested for like a year 'cause I never said definitely yes or definitely no and he only lost interest when I said flat out no and set him up with somebody else.
Hey, maybe the problem isn't with you; it's with those fellas. If the blokes you've dated in the past haven't stuck around then that's a good thing and will give you the chance and the motivation to find someone who is right for you. It takes time to find someone but stick with it.
Too drunk.





The answer is, shag your brains out.
wow, girl with sense of humor, they must've been gay.


well playing hard to get is only in the beginning, after that just be urself. as long as u're secure and have self-esteem/independence the guy won't look at u so lightly knowing that u're not dependent on him.





but then mayb u're TOO independent or something. it's guys' function to ';protect'; their women and feel like she's dependent on them to certain degree. mayb they dont feel manly around u ahahhahaa





or mayb u're a ';yes yes yes yes yes yes'; person, a pushover. who knows.
I really don't mean to be harsh, but you seem to be a little desperate. (I'm sorry. No offense meant) Do you really know the guys that you do want to keep? Getting to know guys and taking it slow is not playing games, y'know. And your colleague was being surprisingly honest with you. If you don't want to play games don't play them...just be slower and more careful about the relationships you get into.

1 comment:

StephaniePumphrey said...

The most important thing here is to just be yourself and if anyone else doesn’t accept you for who you are, you should not waste your time pleasing them.

how to keep a guy interested

Post a Comment