Monday, August 16, 2010

What's wrong with my EXTERNAL USB HARD DRIVE?

Ok.... step by step ...here's what happened:





1. I have one of the External Usb Rock Mobile Disk Hard Drives (the ones sold on E Bay)





it's hooked up to my Dell desktop (Windows XP) via USB port. Holds all my saved media files (music, vids, Etc. )





It's on MY COMPUTER%26gt; Local Disk E:%26gt; My videos





and all my files are in there





I decide to save my self an extra ';click'; by moving All those files from MY VIDEOS directly to LOCAL DISK E:





Starts to take too long to move the files so i decide to press CTRL+D to UNDO the move.





Now i cant seem to access ANY of these files?





Every time i try to play a video file, i get the error ';ACCESS DENIED. MAKE SURE THE DISK IS CURRENTLY NOT IN USE OR IS WRITE PROTECTED';...





I've done a full disk error check to the disks





Sysytem Restore


Spybot


CC Cleaner


Tune Up Utilities


and a Full reinstallation of Windows XP using my reinstallation disk.





NOTHING HAS WORKED.





The properties window shows that ALL THE DATA is still on the hard drive.


Every file shows the full size, file details and everything....THE FILES ARE RIGHT THERE, IM LOOKING AT EM...





SO WHY CANT I ACCESS ANY OF THESE FILES??? WHAT WENT WRONG?


HOW CAN I FIX THIS??? I WANNA WATCH A MOVIE, MAN!!!! LOLWhat's wrong with my EXTERNAL USB HARD DRIVE?
The files are corrupted. It happened to me before. It shows in the list but there is no data there. You can't even delete it sometimes. You just need to format the disk. I'm sorry. But anyhow, what if that is a different scenario? So I'm just saying this based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment