Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So I like a girl, she plays hard to get, we flirt at times, and we've been going at it for a long time now...?

Anyways, she doesn't trust people that much. You see, it's kind of a long story although it's kind of a short one.





Several months ago, she told a friend of mine that she wouldn't mind dating me because she thought I was funny and sweet. Well, I asked her out to lunch out of the blue one day, and she said, ';yes'; enthusiastically. But then she called back 30 minutes later to postpone because of a legitimate emergency.





Anyways, the Summer passed and we're in the same college now. I asked her to lunch a few times (albeit, out of the blue) and she's always responded, ';maybe.'; I mean ';maybe'; as in ';maaaaybe,'; *giggle*.





Well, I decided I was coming on too strong and backed off from talking to her for a bit. Sometimes when I see her and when I'm able to start conversations, she's happy with me and her body signals are aimed at me.





And yet, she seems frustrated at times. I think she drops hints. She tells me to ';be a man'; to silly things like walking instead of taking the bus or that I ';confuse her'; when I write sappy love poems. She's a smart, sophisticated gal (her mother's a librarian), so I think she likes to cast double meanings to a single word or phrase.





I think the reason why she plays hard to get is because she's afraid of being hurt and because of the creepy stalker types who have followed her throughout most of her life. We've had conversations and well, she's said she's always been insecure and a scaredy cat. And while she has the high cheekbones and the jawline of a Hollywood actress, she's never had a boyfriend. Only people who she's never trusted.





So, I was wondering. Whenever I'm able to keep up good conversations, she gives me flirtatious signals (pulling her sleeve up, laughing at everything, pretending to understand or agree with me on everything)





I mean, she writes the word ';love'; to me. What is love? Does she throw the word so aimlessly?





Not only that, I'm having trouble with my confidence too. Us writer types are quite introverted. We have a way with words, but a problem with speaking. Anyway, I have trouble initiating conversation with her.





This is because she either surrounds herself with friends or talks about subjects which are irrelevant to my understanding. When I find myself alone with her, we talk perfectly fine. But I can never seem to dominate the group and become the alpha male.





Just six months ago, I was the shyest kid ever. Now, I've opened up more and starred in a leading role in a school One Act. I've made some progress.





But how can I talk and lead the group? What are things I can say that will change the topic at hand? How do I tell stories?





I know to go with the flow. But when the flow doesn't suit my mojo (because girls talk about weird things together), I can't seem to pick it up and ';be a man'; like she wants.





To sum it up. Nice, shy guy wants sophisticated, talkative girl. We've been dancing around each other for a while now. Sometimes I hit and miss. Sometimes she's mad, sometimes she's happy. How do I get her to fall for me? All without coming on too strong in her little defensive scheme that isolates the ball player aka me.





Oh, this is kind of my first time liking someone, so haha...I'm really new to this people!So I like a girl, she plays hard to get, we flirt at times, and we've been going at it for a long time now...?
Be aggressive. She's right you need to be a man. Take control. You need to get outside your comfort zone when you're in a group together, just start talking. If you sound stupid who cares? Laugh it off and try again. When you're alone with her just flat out tell her, look I like you and i think we should see if there is something between us instead of dancing around the subject. If she gets giggly then I have no respect for her at all. There is a point in every relationship where it either happens or it doesn't. Create your moment.So I like a girl, she plays hard to get, we flirt at times, and we've been going at it for a long time now...?
buddy i would not have alot of patients dealing with a woman that plays hard to get thats a headache. that is not true love if you got to put up with that
you lost me after ';we've been going at it for a long time now'; ..try asking your next question in fewer words than War and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment