Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Im 5'10 207 lbs fullback=hard to keep up w/ RB's?

I'm 14 yrs and playing freshman foot ball, during practice i got assuaged to playing w/ the running back even though I'm a full back witch i don't know why because I'm mostly a blocking position, well let me tell you was i tired, we had to crap load of drill and i was like a half body Length slower then the 4 RB's i was practicing w/ i also had less endurance, witch was what puzzled me the most because i can usually last a long time. also how come every time squat to take a breath all my peers tell me ';hey get up dude if u want air it's up here'; i recover faster when i squat, they usually make me put hands be-hide my head, also shoulder i be training with the O line since I'm a full back and also shoulder is it normal to be a full back and slower then running backs 50 lbs lighter then you. o man guys football practice is hard especially play for the state champion team of my state =[]Im 5'10 207 lbs fullback=hard to keep up w/ RB's?
They tell you to stand up for two reasons, one it show the other team you tired, the other is the its twice as hard to breath, it feels better to squat down but it doesn't help. You should put you hands on you head and stand strait up its the easiest way to breath. Its most likely the you endurance is suffering. Next your a fullback don't worry about being slower then the other running backs, you work with the backs because your a back and you would get nothing out of working with the O line. But since you a most likely a short yardage back, you have to work and hand off and stuff like that. Also stop wining and complaining about how hard football practice is and just suck it up.Im 5'10 207 lbs fullback=hard to keep up w/ RB's?
Don't worry.....fullbacks won't see as much carries as RBs do......maybe goaline situations, 3rd and short, and the occasional flare to keep defenses honest





If you're winded.....does your team need a punter???

No comments:

Post a Comment