Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Playing hard to get? What’s up with this guy?

There is a man I’ve been interested in for a long while. There is a significant age gap, but I’m over 18. We’ve known each other for almost five years. Recently we’ve gotten closer; talking online via e-mail and on the phone for long periods of time and meeting in person every once in a long while. He is single right now.





A couple of months ago he mentioned a friend of his that dated someone almost twice her age and that the man had died recently, to show how large the gap was. He then asked me how large of a gap I’d feel comfortable with. Does this sound like innocent chatter or a serious question relating to us?





Another time we were joking around in an e-mail. He has a daughter around my age. I was joking about our ages and he mentioned, two separate times: “but what would my daughter say?” even though I didn’t say anything about a relationship or dating at all. I asked him about it but he avoided the question. I didn’t bring it up after that.





Other times he says that he “doesn’t date people xx – xx years younger than” himself.





Otherwise we talk a lot, get along very well, and flirt all of the time. He acts like he’s very much interested but then goes back and says otherwise later. I’m not sure if he’s interested but is afraid of a relationship with a large age gap (age is just a number, really) or if he’s only being friendly and has no intentions if it being more than that.





Opinions? I can provide more information if needed. Thank you.Playing hard to get? What’s up with this guy?
Seems like a right-minded sort of guy, who is very interested in you, but ever so cautious (as you too should be) because age differences mean you are both in different phases of life and if you are out of phase it might mean it is difficult to ';attach'; to what each has to offer. For example (I had a relationships like this) you being the age of his daughter means you have a set of friends and he has a set of friends that neither of you will be comfortable with in socializing. Attention to each of your careers is at a different level too. The 'she' (actually more than one) was about the age of my dauighters; sex is wonderful, for both in different ways. Go carefully.Playing hard to get? What’s up with this guy?
Wow me and u bout are in a hard situation


but wow by his daughter being the same age.. dam..


but ok w/e and yes!!! i do think hes interested in you but what would your parents say if you where to dat him yo


thats what he is thinking he dose not wana seam like a pedophile


if you think that everyone is gana be ok whit it then you sould brake the ice cus that what hes scared of making a big move this aint just like dating anyone u know?

No comments:

Post a Comment