Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My co-worker called me a ';pathetic loser'; among other things, how is a person supposed to respond at work?

My father is very well-off, but I'm not.


I'm 28, I am a college graduate, but I've never been able to get a good paying job.





However, I live in a house in an upper-class neighborhood because my father bought it for me. I am a member of an exclusive country club because my dad pays for the membership.


My salary is not that good, I work at a very expensive private school 2 blocks away from my house, however the teachers' salary isn't that good.


I am the only teacher who actually lives in the neighborhood where the school is at, but I'm not going around telling people. However, everyone knows I live 2 blocks away from school. The students sometimes call me ';neighbor'; instead of ';professor';. I go every afternoon to the country club to play tennis, and to go swimming, so all the students know me from the country club also. I'm never telling people where I live, and what country club I go to, but it's something everyone knows because the students know me.





The other day, at the teacher's lounge, the teachers were talking about having a hard times keeping up with their car expenses. Someone asked how much money I was spending on gas, and I told them that I barely spent any since I live 2 blocks from work. Then they began talking about car payments, and someone asked how was I doing with my car payments, and I simply replied that my dad bought it for me, so I wasn't making any car payments.





Then, out of the blue, some teacher started calling me a PATHETIC LOSER, and that I was a POOR EXCUSE OF A MAN because I didn't have to work for anything I had. And she kept going on and on. I don't think it's profesional to snap like that, and I certainly don't think it's appropiate or profesional to start yelling at the work place, so I just keep quiet, and I didn't say anything.





I have never EVER said anything offensice to that teacher, I don't understand why would someone act like that toward another person. I person should not act like that much less in at work.





I simply kept quiet, and I got back to my class as soon as the bell rang,





Was I supposed to say something back to her?My co-worker called me a ';pathetic loser'; among other things, how is a person supposed to respond at work?
You're right - that teacher was rude and unprofessional. I commend you for keeping quiet and showing her that you are the better person after all. I'm sure the others noticed and probably were shocked and embarrassed by her.





Keep your distance from people like that.My co-worker called me a ';pathetic loser'; among other things, how is a person supposed to respond at work?
she should mind her own busy body self. I would open the laptop tomorrow morning %26amp; show her the question u wrote.
Misery loves company...ur co-worker is probably an unhappy troll or a show off with a small self esteem case...ignore and move on. God know u did the right thing!!!
People will always be making this comment because of the feeling that your father does everything for you rather than you being independent as a grown man. Your father bought your house and bought your car. Very few people are so fortunate and some adult children of wealthy fathers would politely reject such generosity, preferring to do things for themselves
There's something immature about your story, almost doesn't sound real.





Anyway if someone at work disrespects you, tell them you won't tolerate it, then go straight to the head or manager and put in a complaint.
well you kinda are a pathetic loser since you accept so many luxuries without putting any effort into actually earning them. The teacher was plain rude for putting you on the spot like that, but you handled it well. Why don't you accept less from your daddy and actually earn something? You'll feel less likely to try to hide what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment